WHAT IS HEAVY COPPER PCB ?
Heavy Copper PCB or calls Power Supply PCB is manufactured with copper weights anywhere between 3-20oz/ft2, Copper weights above 20oz/ft2 are also possible and are referred to as extreme copper. the increased copper weight combined with a suitable substrate and thicker plating for the through holes transforms the once unreliable,weak PCB into a durable and reliable wiring platform. Now various power electronics products are being designed every days for a range of applications: such as Power line monitors, High power rectifiers, planar transformers, and power convertors,etc.
Heavy copper PCB used for High power and high current circuits and their control circuits were designed or produced separately on separate PCB. Heavy Copper PCB makes it possible to integrate high current circuits and control circuits to realize a highly dense, in a simple board structure,also the advantages include reduced layer count,low impedance power distribution,smaller footprints and potential cost savings.The features of Heavy Copper PCB can be seamlessly connected to normal PCB, The board incorporating Heavy Copper PCB are produced in the same way, albeit with specialized etching and plating techniques, such as high speed/step plating and heavy copper differential etching.
We have professional engineer team inspects your Gerber file. We have quality control people strict control each production stage. We use all kind of test ways to make sure the quality, such as AOI test, E-Test, X-RAY, Impedance test instrument, high temperature and humidity, heat shock,
high-low temperature and other advanced technology makes sure the quality.
◈ Heavy copper PCB in high temperature and extreme environment
● It is always a good idea to consider all sides of a product before you use it. So, is heavy copper PCB good in high temperatures and the extreme environment? Well, yes! They can perform well in extreme weather and high temperature as well. A lot of companies have been using the heavy copper PCB in their products because of their working in extreme weather.
● How much current on a heavy copper circuit board can be transported? This question usually depends on the design of electronics. The thickness and width of copper and heavy copper printed circuit boards at maximum temperature include bearing capacity. This question arises because the heat generated by heavy copper printed circuit boards during operation is closely related to current.
◈ Conventional FR4, high TG FR4, high-frequency material, Rogers PCB, metal based PCB.
◈ Professional one-to-one customer service
THE BENEFITS OF HEAVY COPPER PCB FABRICATION
The main reason to choose something is the number of advantages they provide and their wide range of uses. Well, thick copper PCB offers a number of uses and benefits that make our life easier and products better. We have listed a number of benefits below:
◈ Higher resistance to thermal stress
◈ An increase in the current load
◈ Increased mechanical strength at conductor sites and PTH holes.
◈ Usage of exotic materials to their full potential (i.e., at high temperature) without interrupting the circuit.
◈ Reduce the size of the product by incorporating several weights of copper in the same circular layer.
◈ Heavy copper panels carry higher current through the plate and help transfer heat to the external heat sink.
◈ High power density on-board transformers.
Heavy copper board helps to transfer heat to external radiator and transfer higher current.
Heavy copper board can support high current frequency, repeated thermal cycle and high temperature
Heavy copper board reduces the chance of circuit failure.
Heavy copper board PTH hole and connector have high mechanical strength.
Heavy copper board can carry large current.
The part with a large amount of copper deposits on the Heavy copper board can be used as a radiator. Alternatively, you can connect it to a cold board.
ONE OF THE LEADING MANUFACTURERS
We are one of the leading manufacturers of Heavy Copper PCB in China.
APPLICATION OF HEAVY COPPER CIRCUIT BOARD
Heavy copper pcbs are used for industrial applications, such as
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE PLACES WHERE HEAVY COPPER PCBS ARE USED
◈ Solar power converters
◈ Electric vehicle charging
◈ Medical PCB
◈ Traction converters for rail applications
◈ Power line monitors
◈ UPS systems
◈ Protection relays
◈ Industrial PCB
◈ Nuclear power applications
◈ Surge protectors
◈ Excitation systems
◈ Position control systems
◈ Power grid switching systems
◈ Automotive PCB
◈ Power converters for railway systems
PCB COPPER THICKNESS CALCULATOR
This tool is a crucial design parameter in PCB design. In other words, it can help you understand the correct amount of current to be transmitted without overheating and damaging the circuit board.
It also helps to give you estimates of specific currents and copper weights. In addition, you should pay attention to; When you have a higher current, it needs a thicker line. In addition, when you have thicker copper weights, it allows thinner lines.
THE FOLLOWING TABLE SUMMARIZES THE DIMENSIONS:
YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Pay attention to the copper filling level of the inner layer. The reason for this is to avoid very low copper fill levels. If this happens, when the resin content is low, there will be gaps between the layers and delamination will occur.
2. It is better to select the quantity and type of prepreg by using software that can help you to realize multi-layer combination design.
3. Electroplated coating is very important. Considering that you are designing heavy copper PCB, you will use more plated copper.
4. Ensure that the layers of your solder resist are thick. That way, you’ll adequately guard the mosaic edges. For instance, your final circumferential thickness should have a value of at least 0.25mm higher than its initial thickness.
◈ Your heavy copper PCB manufacturer Camtech PCB
One thing is certain about heavy copper PCB - it requires special technology to achieve the best results. Although there are various difficulties in the manufacturing process, we provide quality at the most favorable price.
At the same time, we have been engaged in this business for many years. Therefore, you can rely on our experience to build the best PCB according to your specifications. Our professional knowledge is not only to give you professional guidance, we can flexibly handle small batch to large batch of circuit board manufacturing. During this period, we are always committed to following strict quality standards
COMMON PROBLEMS OF THICK COPPER BOARD